Friday, August 9, 2013

Getting Attached

I've been following several children for quite some time. I love them all, but a select few have a special place in my heart. I get attached to them. As a result, I feel joy when they improve, even the slightest.

But with that attachment comes heartache. I can't tell you how painful it is when one of these kiddos gets sicker. I want to just hug them tightly and make that pain go away.

I'm going through that now. A precious baby that I've been following for quite a while beat cancer! She was born with a rare bone cancer and beat it! She's been cancer-free for almost a month now. I was overjoyed when I learned she was cancer-free about 30 days ago. However, I learned today that the doctors found a bump above the area she had one last time and they are afraid it's cancerous.

Keep in mind, I've never met this baby girl. But I feel like I have. I know I'm not feeling anywhere near as fearful and scared as her family. I can't even imagine their fear and pain. And I know I'm not the only one who loves her from her Facebook page. I think what I'm feeling is very similar to others' feelings that are following her journey.

You can do this Lilly! You've got this beat!

https://www.facebook.com/lilly.bumpus.9


No comments:

Post a Comment